- Clearwater Creek
- Clearwater Creek Elementary Homepage
2-26-20 — COVID-19 Information
Feb. 26, 2020 ~ The management of 2019 Novel Coronavirus is, as expected, evolving with time and research. There is a global response to contain this virus and we will receive specific guidance from public health organizations. If there is any information that relates to Olathe Public Schools, staff and parents will be informed.
It is important to remember that the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention currently rates the U.S. and the state of Kansas at Low Risk for coronavirus. Kansas Department of Health and Environment (KDHE) and Johnson County Department of Health and Environment (JCDHE) are actively monitoring this situation and communicate guidance to school districts. Olathe Public Schools collaborates with JCDHE in measures necessary to contain communicable diseases, including 2019 Novel Coronavirus.
The district is collaborating with public health officials around this issue to ensure that current practices are appropriate.
The CDC recommends the following prevention actions:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
The support and assistance of our school community when working to contain communicable diseases is vital. Teaching the foundations of healthy habits in the home, self-reporting illness, and keeping sick individuals home are important elements in the success of containing communicable diseases within a community. The diligence of our family partners in this effort is greatly appreciated.