Assessments & Certifications
This page provides information about End of Pathway Assessments (such as Precision Exams, AAFCS Pre-PAC, National Health Science Assessment, etc.) and a link to a list of sample industry-recognized Assessments, Certifications, and Credentials (K-PAC)
Why do we have to report certifications earned by students to KSDE?
As a condition for Kansas to receive Perkins funding to strengthen CTE pathways, there are core indicator percentages that Kansas school districts and KSDE must meet or exceed in a federal report each year. This data is collected in Pathways at the end of each school year. One of the core indicators involves the Industry Recognized Certifications (IRC) data (K-PAC Report) where we report the students in our district who have earned a credential during the school year. This data is figured into each school's postsecondary success measure. As a school district, we are REQUIRED as part of state mandated reporting to submit a list of ALL students who have completed and passed certifications in a CTE related field.
How to Report Student Certifications
MANDATORY State Reporting (High School Only). Please complete as students earn credential.
- 1st semester Deadline: December 15
- 2nd semester Deadline: May 10
NOTE: Precision Exams DO NOT need to be reported using this form as they are end of course assessments and not on the KSDE K-PAC list.
Information teachers will need before accessing the Certifications form:
- Student First & Last Name
- Student DOB
- Student Olathe ID #
- Home school student attends (if out of district – please use actual school - e.g. BV North)
- Grade level when certification was earned
- Name & 4-digit code of the certification test (reference spreadsheet link: https://bit.ly/3siTvdn)
- NOTE: KSDE no longer requires copies of the student certification.
Questions? Please contact Barbra Gonzales, CTE Coordinator.