You found it! You are on a hidden section of the eAcademy website. It is very important that you know and follow the procedures of our program. These pages provide the orientation information you need to prepare for success in your online eAcademy course. Depending on how fast you read and process information, you should set aside 60-90 minutes to complete the Orientation.
Have You Previously Completed Orientation?
If you have previously taken an eAcademy course and completed the Orientation, you are still required to do it again. You should be able to skim-read quickly through the pages to review, then take the quiz.
Things to Watch For
To proceed, use the menu on the left to access the pages of information and a few documents. Start at the top and click your way down through. Upon completion of the orientation, you will take a QUIZ in Moodle to demonstrate your understanding.
Here are some of the things that will show up on the quiz:
- Where are the announcements located in your course?
- Where is your instructor’s contact information located?
- What applications will be used for communication?
- Where can you find the course syllabus and due dates?
- Where is technical help found on the eAcademy website?
- How do you turn in assignments to your instructor?
- What file naming protocol is required on assignment documents?
- Where will you find your course grades and instructor feedback?
- What is the definition of plagiarism and the policy for infractions?
- What is the policy for late work?
- What policies are covered in the Code of Student Conduct?
- What is the Probationary Review?
There's something you need to be aware of regarding online courses.... Since there is no teacher standing at the front of the room giving you instructions, everything you need to know is provided in writing. If you read and follow the instructions, all the details are there and you should have very few questions. Remember... read!
A Hint For Working With Document Downloads
NEVER just click on a link to a document and let it open. ALWAYS right-click and choose Save As... or Save Target.. (depends on your browser) and save the document to your desktop or a flash drive. Then open the document from the place you saved it so that it will open in the proper application.
You are now ready to go on to the next button on the navigation menu.