School counseling is an integral part of the educational process for all students. Today’s students face a diverse and changing world, and counselors help them acquire the knowledge, skills and attitudes needed to become positive and productive citizens.
School counselors provide many services and resources designed to support students and their families. Collaboration with parents, teachers, and administrators is critical to student success and helps to identify and address students’ needs. School counselors also develop and implement programs to provide a positive, safe learning environment for all.
- Have a master’s degree and state licensure in school counseling,
- Maintain their licensure through ongoing professional development,
- Become members of professional associations that enhance their knowledge and effectiveness.
Based on Kansas Curricular Standards, the counseling curriculum is designed to facilitate the personal/social, academic, and career development of students.
- View the elementary counseling curriculum — Kindergarten through second grade or third through fifth grade (PDFs)
- View the middle school counseling curriculum (PDF)
- View the high school counseling curriculum (PDF)
- Apply for college scholarships
- Watch the high school enrollment information video on YouTube
Middle School Counselors
High School Counselors
Claire Learning Center