2019 Summer Conference Information
The 2019 Olathe Summer Conference will be held from 8 a.m.-4 p.m. May 29-31 at Olathe East High School, 14545 W 127th St., in Olathe. Olathe staff and nationally known consultants will present a wide variety of concurrent professional development sessions for pre-kindergarten through senior high school educators, administrators, and counselors.
Friday Keynote Presenters
- Tom Cody — Creating an Above the Line Culture
- Cathy Schrag — Cultural Competence in the Classroom
Other Featured Presenters
- Frank Kros — Mental Health Sleuth
- Berit Gordon — Elementary ELA
- Marcia Tate — Worksheets Don’t Grow Dendrites
- Jeff Dane — Kagan Cooperative Learning
- Jill Molli — Conscious Discipline
- Rick Wormeli — Cultivating Creativity in Students
- LeAnn Nickelsen — Dare to Engage!
- Rudy Matheny — Transforming Your School Through SEL
- Rick Gaskill — Brain Development
- College credit through MidAmerica Nazarene University is $90 per credit hour (district and non-district participants).
- Olathe educators should register through their principals.
- Olathe teachers new to the district in 2019-20 may attend at no charge.
- Olathe community early childcare providers may attend for a reduced cost. Contact us for more information.
- Non-district teachers may register for $375 for all three days or $150 for single day registration.
- Olathe teachers pursuing a master’s degree from Emporia State University should contact Ann Addison, 913-780-8163, regarding which sessions they should attend at no charge.
- Lunches will be provided by Café 233 for $7.50 each or an express line bundle of three lunches for $20.
- Participants should dress for varying room temperatures.
- Participants may earn either staff development points (seven points per day) or two credit hours through MidAmerica Nazarene University (must attend three days of the conference).
- Substitute teachers who work at least 20 days in Olathe in the 2018-19 school year receive a discounted rate of $200. Those who work 65 days (by May 10) will have their registration fee waived.
If you have additional questions, please contact Kristin Slavik at 913-780-8036 or by emailing her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submit Papers for MNU Credit
Instructions for submitting papers for MNU credit are found on page 6 in your conference guide. Use the following Google Form link for submission.