Return to Learning
We have a great responsibility in front of us to provide a safe environment for our students and staff.
The Return to Learning plan has been informed by health and education officials and our plan prioritizes the health and safety of our Olathe Public Schools community.
Return to Learning Options for Families
The Return to Learning plan was developed so families can make informed decisions on options for the 2020-2021 school year. The following is an outline of the options and a brief definition:
1) In-Person Learning with modifications based on gating criteria, the Kansas Department of Health, and/or our local Board.
- Students will learn onsite and follow Olathe’s health and safety guidelines.
- Based on gating criteria, we may have to move for periods of time to Hybrid Learning or Systemwide Online Learning. More details are outlined below.
2) Remote Learning (choice at enrollment for families): Students will learn through an online learning environment. Parents can choose to enroll their student in Remote Learning during enrollment. Students in the Remote Learning option are not impacted by the gating criteria.
Additional Districtwide Instructional Models
Outlined above are two options for the Olathe Public Schools familes; however, there are additional instructional models that allow the Olathe Public Schools to respond based on COVID-19.
- In-Person Learning: Students will learn onsite and follow Olathe’s health and safety guidelines.
- Hybrid Learning: This schedule may be enacted if in-person learning isn’t possible and a staggered schedule is necessary to limit the number of students in our buildings. Students will learn through a blend of on-site and home learning environments utilizing a rotating schedule.
- Systemwide Online Learning: If Olathe Public Schools is unable to continue in-person instruction, staff will use the Olathe Public Schools Instructional Plan to continue instruction in an online environment.