National CTE Month® is a public awareness campaign that takes place each February to celebrate the value of CTE and the achievements and accomplishments of CTE programs and importance of career education as a whole.
CTE Month celebrates the 16 career clusters that make up CTE as a program. This is important because American public schools traditionally push post-secondary education as the primary way for students to become successful in adulthood. But that’s simply not true! CTE focuses on hard skills, career readiness, and learning a trade.
CTE Month brings these qualities to the forefront of students’ minds every February. It shows students that you don’t have to be “book smart” to be considered a good student, and even “book smart” students can discover valuable skills from work-based learning.
Celebrate in your schools and communities by hosting an event and participating in student CTE Month contests.
What can I do to celebrate CTE Month®?
As you plan your CTE Month® activities for February, celebrate with products that showcase awareness for CTE.
- Participate in the 2021-2022 CTE Month-NASA HUNCH Student Video Challenge: How Can Space Exploration Solve Climate Change?
- Host a school visit and invite members of your local community to learn about your school’s strong CTE programs firsthand
- Engage your policymakers and the media to encourage them to attend events and tell you CTE story, or use social media to do the same
- Work with business and industry leaders to ensure they understand the role CTE plays in readying their future workforce
- Purchase pens, pencils, lanyards and other CTE Month Merchandise to use at events or at your school
- Download our CTE Month logo for use with any print or digital outreach
Please note, the “CTE Month” or “Career and Technical Education Month” must be followed by the trademark sign (®) the first time it appears in a document or visual presentation.